Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Number to time conversion

I'm sure the answers here, but I can't sort it out.

I have data entered as general number with no punctuation that needs to be
converted to military time. How do I convert it without losing the time
entered?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about posting *SEVERAL* representative samples and let us know what
results you expect.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ahdoj" wrote in message
I'm sure the answers here, but I can't sort it out.

I have data entered as general number with no punctuation that needs to be
converted to military time. How do I convert it without losing the time
entered?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I suppose you will have to run some calculations of those cells - therefor,
if cell A1 holds: 1300 then in cell B1 type:
=1*(REPLACE(REPT(0,4-LEN(A1))&A1,3,0,":"))
and custom format cell B1 as: hh:mm
If you don't need to run any calculations - try custom format cell A1, as:
##\:##
(without the need of B1)
Micky