Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I set a pivot table to group quarterly reports by F/Y?

I'm trying to set up a report in Excell using the pivot table function. When
I use the "Group Field" function to generate a quarterly report it assigns
each quarter according to a calendar year which puts the Jan 2010 data in the
1st QTR and the Oct 2009 data in the 4th Quarter. I want to change this so
it begins the 1st QTR in Oct. Is there a way to change the way the pivot
table reads and organizes the data?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mark

You can aggregate whatever months you want to Quarters manually.
Don't use Quarters in the Date Grouping, just use Month
Highlight the 3 months you wantGroup and OutlineGroup call it Quarter 1
Repeat for each of your other months
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Mark wrote:
I'm trying to set up a report in Excell using the pivot table function. When
I use the "Group Field" function to generate a quarterly report it assigns
each quarter according to a calendar year which puts the Jan 2010 data in the
1st QTR and the Oct 2009 data in the 4th Quarter. I want to change this so
it begins the 1st QTR in Oct. Is there a way to change the way the pivot
table reads and organizes the data?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007 PivotTable
Fiscal Year, Quarter