-   -   Copy from one file to another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/257835-copy-one-file-another.html)

Kim

Copy from one file to another

In MS 2007 I cannot copy the contents of a cell in one workbook to a cell in
another workbook. There is no paste function when I go to the other
workbook. It seems to be a problem with 2007. Does anyone else have
this problem and is there a fix?

Eduardo

Copy from one file to another

Hi Kim,
did you check if the workbook is not protected

"Kim" wrote:

In MS 2007 I cannot copy the contents of a cell in one workbook to a cell in
another workbook. There is no paste function when I go to the other
workbook. It seems to be a problem with 2007. Does anyone else have
this problem and is there a fix?

Kim

Copy from one file to another

No, not protected. Simple files, simple cells, multiple times with various
files. Does it work for you?

"Kim" wrote:

In MS 2007 I cannot copy the contents of a cell in one workbook to a cell in
another workbook. There is no paste function when I go to the other
workbook. It seems to be a problem with 2007. Does anyone else have
this problem and is there a fix?

Bob I

Copy from one file to another

Frequently this is because the user has each file opened in a separate
instance of Excel. Try opening both files in the same Excel window.

Kim wrote:

In MS 2007 I cannot copy the contents of a cell in one workbook to a cell in
another workbook. There is no paste function when I go to the other
workbook. It seems to be a problem with 2007. Does anyone else have
this problem and is there a fix?

Kim

Copy from one file to another

Both files are in the same Excel window. Still no paste available.

Kim wrote:

In MS 2007 I cannot copy the contents of a cell in one workbook to a cell in
another workbook. There is no paste function when I go to the other
workbook. It seems to be a problem with 2007. Does anyone else have
this problem and is there a fix?

.

Bob I

Copy from one file to another

Open the Clipboard pane and observe whether something is there following
a Copy. Also there was some third party software that breaks Copy/Paste
mentioned recently, do you have any add-ins?

Kim wrote:

In MS 2007 I cannot copy the contents of a cell in one workbook to a cell in
another workbook. There is no paste function when I go to the other
workbook. It seems to be a problem with 2007. Does anyone else have
this problem and is there a fix?

.

Roger Govier[_8_]

Copy from one file to another

Hi Kim

Are then any macros in either of the workbooks, which could be disabling
paste options?
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Kim wrote:

In MS 2007 I cannot copy the contents of a cell in one workbook to a cell in
another workbook. There is no paste function when I go to the other
workbook. It seems to be a problem with 2007. Does anyone else have
this problem and is there a fix?

.

Kim

Copy from one file to another

It was on the clipboard and I can paste from there. Still no PasteSpecial
options, but this helps.

Thank you!

Kim wrote:

In MS 2007 I cannot copy the contents of a cell in one workbook to a cell in
another workbook. There is no paste function when I go to the other
workbook. It seems to be a problem with 2007. Does anyone else have
this problem and is there a fix?

.

.

Bob I

Copy from one file to another

Is the "Paste" on the Home tab working? Is it only a single Worksheet
affected, or workbook, or any pair of workbooks?

Kim wrote:

In MS 2007 I cannot copy the contents of a cell in one workbook to a cell in
another workbook. There is no paste function when I go to the other
workbook. It seems to be a problem with 2007. Does anyone else have
this problem and is there a fix?

.

.

Kim

Copy from one file to another

There are no macros. It has happened on different files, on different days.

Kim wrote:

In MS 2007 I cannot copy the contents of a cell in one workbook to a cell in
another workbook. There is no paste function when I go to the other
workbook. It seems to be a problem with 2007. Does anyone else have
this problem and is there a fix?

.

.

Kim

Copy from one file to another

The paste works fine between multiple sheets within the same workbook.

Kim wrote:

In MS 2007 I cannot copy the contents of a cell in one workbook to a cell in
another workbook. There is no paste function when I go to the other
workbook. It seems to be a problem with 2007. Does anyone else have
this problem and is there a fix?

.

.

.

Bob I

Copy from one file to another

I've had instances of Copy/Paste fail, and only log off/log in gets it
working properly again.