Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
s s is offline

Default Some users cannot use ActiveX controls, what is wrong?

Hello,

- I designed some Excel sheets using some ActiveX controls.
- We have been using them for years.
- Some of the Excel documents have Macros, some not. The users are having
this issue even is there is no macro.

The behavior is as following:
- The user cannot even select the control, for example, clicking on a check
box does not do anything. Trying to pick up a value in a DropDownList does
nothing, the list do not even open.
- This is like all controls are static pictures.

Environment
- Office 2007 under Vista
- It works for me Office 2007/XP
- I compared the various options in the Trust Center for both macros and
ActiveX controls, I have them to be set like me, this does not solve the
problem.

Thank you very much for any help,

Regards, Stephane.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Like macros, ActiveX controls are disabled by default in Excel 2007. The
user will have to change settings.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier