Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zoe Zoe is offline

Default Decimal Point...

Alright... this is so simple but I just can't figure it out. How do I get
Excel to automatically put a decimal point 2 spaces in? And what I mean
specifically is if I enter 50030. I want it to put the decimal at 500.30.
Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you mean BEFORE beginning to type then goto 'Tools' 'Options...'
'Edit' tab select 'Fixed decimal point' and choose 2 OK.
When finished un-select this option.
Micky

"Zoe" wrote:

Alright... this is so simple but I just can't figure it out. How do I get
Excel to automatically put a decimal point 2 spaces in? And what I mean
specifically is if I enter 50030. I want it to put the decimal at 500.30.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But do not forget, this will apply to ALL numbers you type
If you want to post-process a range of numbers:
Type 100 is some empty cell and copy it
Select the range to process and use Edit | Paste Special with Divide
specified
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme