Old February 23rd 10, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot tables 2 row labels

I am trying to create a pivot table and want to have sales rep names and
company as the rows. Is there a way to have the sales rep name repeat
everytime with the company instead of how it looks below? I am going to have
to use the output of the sheet to do a vlookup on another sheet and in this
format I can't make it work. Thanks!

Row Labels
Jane Doe
Company 1
John Doe
Company 2
Company 1
Company 3
Company 5

Old February 23rd 10, 06:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope--not if you want to keep it a pivottable.

But you could convert to values (or copy|paste values in a different location),
then fill the blank cells with the value of the cell above it.

Debra Dalgleish's site has some tips:
http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

Old February 23rd 10, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't want to keep it as a pivot table. It is a large spreadsheet so I was
trying to move everything manually.

The site you shared with the copying is great. I will use that info once I
get the data into 2 separate columns.

.

Old February 25th 10, 06:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra Dalgleish explains how:
http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html
and a video
http://www.contextures.com/xlVideos01.html#FillBlanks

The Edit is an option on the worksheet menubar in xl2003 and earlier.

If you're using xl2007 (or any version of excel!), you can hit: F5 or ctrl-g
to get to that dialog.