Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is RowHeight=0 the same as Hidden

I'm manipulating rows, and I want to know if I can distinguish between rows
that have been hidden, and rows that have been set to RowHeight = 0.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you hide a row its height becomes 0
If you set a row's height to 0 it becomes hidden

AFAIK there is no way to distinguish which method was used to hide and make
the height 0.

Regards,
Peter T

"Michelle" wrote in message
I'm manipulating rows, and I want to know if I can distinguish between
rows that have been hidden, and rows that have been set to RowHeight = 0.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

If you set the row height to zero, the Hidden property of that row will
become True.
It is usually better to Hide the row because it is then not necessary to
"remember" what the height used to be before you hid it.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Michelle" wrote:

I'm manipulating rows, and I want to know if I can distinguish between rows
that have been hidden, and rows that have been set to RowHeight = 0.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 2/22/2010 7:55 AM, Michelle wrote:
I'm manipulating rows, and I want to know if I can distinguish between
rows that have been hidden, and rows that have been set to RowHeight = 0.

Thanks

Just note that in Excel 2007, the row is "Hidden" even with a value of 0.5.
Don't quote me on this, but I believe in versions around Excel 97, a Row
height of 1 or 2 also returned true.

Sub Demo()
Rows(1).RowHeight = 0.5
Debug.Print Rows(1).Hidden ' <- True