Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Checkbook ledger

If I have a checkbook ledger and I want to find the total in a category. For
example, I have Auto Insurance, Gas bill, etc. I want to know how much I
have payed in Gas until now, lets say six months into the year. What formula
or method do I use?

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You might also look at the Filter or Autofilter feature (depending on your XL
version). Combining this with a subtotal "=subtotal(9,a1:a100)" at the top
or bottom of your worksheet will do the trick if you only need to see the
total of one category or category grouping at a time.

rzink

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Look in the help index for SUMIF

--