Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default return values from an array based on more than one criteria

I have an array that has components as the top row and products as the first
column. I want to be able to create a list for n aay given product of the
components contained in it, there could be several, i.e. say the product is
flange assembly, it contains a flange bolts, nuts and washers, the row of
components has not only these components but sockets, elbows and tees. Any
ideas on how this can be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John,

What is present in the intersection of the row and column to indicate that
the component is used in the product?

And shortened example with what you eventually want would help....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"frustratedjohn" wrote in message
I have an array that has components as the top row and products as the
first
column. I want to be able to create a list for n aay given product of the
components contained in it, there could be several, i.e. say the product
is
flange assembly, it contains a flange bolts, nuts and washers, the row of
components has not only these components but sockets, elbows and tees.
Any
ideas on how this can be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bernie:

The values in the array are the quantity of that item found in the assembly
i.e.

Product Flange Assembly
Bolts 4
Nuts 4
Washers 8

Hope this helps

frustrated John
"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John,

I think the easiest thing would be for you to select your entire table, and
then use Data / Filter Autofilter . Then from the dropdown at the top of
any column, select "non blank" and you will get a list of just those filled
in cells. Select the cells, copy, and paste elsewhere, and the cells hidden
by the filter should not be copied.