Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drag copy comments

My workbook has data entry "sections", each section is 10 rows deep. I start
by making one section with all the needed entry spaces and formulas and then
create 499 duplicate sections by highlighting the first section (10 rows
worth) and then dragging down - using the box in the corner - to create 499
more copies of my first section. I want to use comments to help guide the
users through each section's entries, however the comments in the first
section won't copy down with my duplicate sections after I do the drag-copy
feature. Is there a solution to keep me from having to select each cell in
my 500 data entry sections and doing a paste special?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can't answer your question but have you considered creating a master s/s in
your w/book. It can then be copied wholesale and pasted into the next page
you wish to create.

Just a thought.
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

"PYO1012" wrote:

My workbook has data entry "sections", each section is 10 rows deep. I start
by making one section with all the needed entry spaces and formulas and then
create 499 duplicate sections by highlighting the first section (10 rows
worth) and then dragging down - using the box in the corner - to create 499
more copies of my first section. I want to use comments to help guide the
users through each section's entries, however the comments in the first
section won't copy down with my duplicate sections after I do the drag-copy
feature. Is there a solution to keep me from having to select each cell in
my 500 data entry sections and doing a paste special?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Instead of filling down, maybe you could use copy|paste?

You may want to use a macro to mechanize the routine if you use it a lot. If
you need help with the macro, you'll want to share more info--the address of the
original section is and the addresses of the sections that get pasted.

Try it manually with a couple of sections and see if it works. If it doesn't,
then a macro probably wouldn't either.

PYO1012 wrote:

My workbook has data entry "sections", each section is 10 rows deep. I start
by making one section with all the needed entry spaces and formulas and then
create 499 duplicate sections by highlighting the first section (10 rows
worth) and then dragging down - using the box in the corner - to create 499
more copies of my first section. I want to use comments to help guide the
users through each section's entries, however the comments in the first
section won't copy down with my duplicate sections after I do the drag-copy
feature. Is there a solution to keep me from having to select each cell in
my 500 data entry sections and doing a paste special?

--

Dave Peterson