Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default document in xls and cannot open without a password. How to open?

I received a document that I cannot open without a password. Do I use the
password I just established?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, you use the password that the creator of the document/workbook put
on it. They will provide that password to you if they want you to open
the file.

liha wrote:

I received a document that I cannot open without a password. Do I use the
password I just established?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You must use the password that the sender used when sender saved the
workbook.

BTW..........how and where did you "just establish" a password?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP