D.Parker

Default Cell Protection

Hello:

I am using the UserInterfaceOnly to protect my worksheet. I have it placed
in the workbook object. Unfortunately, after the workbook is open the user
can ToolsProtectionUnprotect Sheet. Is there a way to password out this
option?

I would like the user to have access to only the standard toolbar, is there
a method to stop them from enabling various toolbars, menus options and
manipulating the sheet, etc.

Kind regards,

D.Parker
Dave Peterson

Wouldn't it be simpler to use a password that the user doesn't know?

And don't forget to protect your project.
In the VBE:
Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab

(Be aware that both the worksheet password and the VBAProject password can be
broken by anyone who's really interested.)

--

Dave Peterson
D.Parker

I'm not clear on the direction you are pointing. Are you saying do or don't
use UserInterfaceOnly option? The user does not know the password. I have
set a password to protect my project prior.

After the workbook is opened the cells are protected, etc (thus
UserInterfaceOnly), but the user can go in and select
ToolsProtectionUnprotect Sheet and start manipulating the worksheet. So
is there a method to keep the UserInterfaceOnly option and create a password
somehow such that the user "cannot" select ToolsProtectionUnprotect Sheet?

I would be interested also is ways to limit the workbook user options,
toolbars, etc.

Kind regards,

D.Parker

D.Parker wrote:

Hello:

I am using the UserInterfaceOnly to protect my worksheet. I have it placed
in the workbook object. Unfortunately, after the workbook is open the user
can ToolsProtectionUnprotect Sheet. Is there a way to password out this
option?

I would like the user to have access to only the standard toolbar, is there
a method to stop them from enabling various toolbars, menus options and
manipulating the sheet, etc.

Kind regards,

D.Parker

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I was just suggesting that if the password isn't known and can't be easily
guessed, then how can the user manipulate anything.

(If they don't know the password (and know no password breaking utilities), they
can see that dialog as much as they want--but it won't help until they guess
that password.)

If you search google for "hide commandbars" or "hide toolbars", you'll find
thousands of hits that may help.

D.Parker wrote:

Hello:

I am using the UserInterfaceOnly to protect my worksheet. I have it placed
in the workbook object. Unfortunately, after the workbook is open the user
can ToolsProtectionUnprotect Sheet. Is there a way to password out this
option?

I would like the user to have access to only the standard toolbar, is there
a method to stop them from enabling various toolbars, menus options and
manipulating the sheet, etc.

Kind regards,

D.Parker

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
D.Parker

Dave:

Thank you for the responses. What I was trying to convey is when using the
UserInterfaceOnly option in my workbook and the password for my worksheet, I
am getting an error everytime I open my workbook. When I disable the
password for the worksheet everything works as expected. Thus, I was
wondering if there is a special way to use the UserInterfaceOnly option in
conjunction with the worksheet password such that I do not get an error when
opening my workbook. That is were my confusion is.

Kind regards,

D.Parker