GoBucks

Default Drop Down Box to Choose Time

How do I create a Drop down box to choose the time and enter it into a cell,
instead of typing it in.
thanks.
--
Jeff
Nick Hodge

You don't say what times you want to put in. You could do this with a
drop-down from the forms toolbar, linking it to a range with your time data
in

If it's simply the current time you could just type Ctrl+Shift+:

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"GoBucks" (DoNotSpam) wrote in message
How do I create a Drop down box to choose the time and enter it into a
cell,
instead of typing it in.
thanks.
--
Jeff

Mike R

GoBucks...
Use Data validation. What I do with this is: On a seprate sheet ( or
someplace out of the way) place =NOW(), and format for time. With the cell
still highlited goto the name box (upper left corner of worksheet) name the
cell (ie "Time") be sure to hit "enter" to get out of the name box. Now,
select the cell that you want the time to be placed and goto data validation,
under "allow" select "list", select "source" hit f3 and select the name that
you used to name your range that had the Now(). In the source box you should
now have ="Named Range" (without the " "). Be sure that "in-cell dropdown" is
checked. Ok out and you are done. Remeber though that once you place a
time in this cell and save it, it will stay that time when you open it the
next time, it does not update!

Mike Rogers
HTH

"GoBucks" wrote:

How do I create a Drop down box to choose the time and enter it into a cell,
instead of typing it in.
thanks.
--
Jeff

GoBucks

Hey guys, thanks a million for the replies.. What i am trying to accomplish,
is to make a form where the user can choose a time for patient
admission/discharge, this could be future, or past. I wanted to let them
enter the time from a drop down box so they do not have to type it in. I
created a list for the hours, and minutes, and am/pm, but i figure this would
require 3 seperate cells/drop downs for each list. I was looking for
something relative to the calendar pop-up... wishful thinking?
--
Jeff

"GoBucks" wrote:

How do I create a Drop down box to choose the time and enter it into a cell,
instead of typing it in.
thanks.
--
Jeff

Nick Hodge

I've put a sample file here with a few ideas for automating time
entry...nothing fancy, just a few ideas that may be developed

http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/files/TimeEntry.xls