Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formating based on Data Validation

Hi, i am trying to get a row to change colour (using conditional formating)
based on the data selected in a cell.

The cell is based on data validation. I set up a colum for the data
validation (colum H) and used this as the basis for the data validation list.
However, i cannot get the row to change different colours based on the
option selected (e.g., On Order, Fitted, Query etc) in the row. I can
however, get the single cell (e.g., H11, H12 etc) to change differebt colours
but not A11 - G11 etc).

Please help! I think this might be straight forward but i am missing
something.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the range you want to format, say A2:H20,
Apply CF with formula

=$H2="On Order"

choose a pattern for that,

repeat it for Fitted and Query!

--
Regards!
Stefi

€žadrian007uk€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi, i am trying to get a row to change colour (using conditional formating)
based on the data selected in a cell.

The cell is based on data validation. I set up a colum for the data
validation (colum H) and used this as the basis for the data validation list.
However, i cannot get the row to change different colours based on the
option selected (e.g., On Order, Fitted, Query etc) in the row. I can
however, get the single cell (e.g., H11, H12 etc) to change differebt colours
but not A11 - G11 etc).

Please help! I think this might be straight forward but i am missing
something.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi
--
Regards!
Stefi