-   -   Comparing Dates with todays date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/255606-comparing-dates-todays-date.html)

housinglad

Comparing Dates with todays date

Hi

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I am trying to look at the date entered in a cell e.g. (in cell B2
05/02/2010). I want excel to look at the date in B2 and if the date as passed
then for cell C2 to turn red.

Can anyone help?

Hope this makes sense.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Comparing Dates with todays date

Conditional Formatting/ Formula Is/ =B2<TODAY()
--
David Biddulph

housinglad wrote:
Hi

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I am trying to look at the date entered in a cell e.g. (in cell B2
05/02/2010). I want excel to look at the date in B2 and if the date
as passed then for cell C2 to turn red.

Can anyone help?

Hope this makes sense.

מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן

Comparing Dates with todays date

Declare cell C2 with Conditional Formating - Red Background - as per a
formula such as:
=B2<TODAY()
Micky

"housinglad" wrote:

Hi

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I am trying to look at the date entered in a cell e.g. (in cell B2
05/02/2010). I want excel to look at the date in B2 and if the date as passed
then for cell C2 to turn red.

Can anyone help?

Hope this makes sense.

housinglad

Comparing Dates with todays date

Thanks for the formula, but what would be the code to make the cell fo red??

housinglad wrote:
Hi

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I am trying to look at the date entered in a cell e.g. (in cell B2
05/02/2010). I want excel to look at the date in B2 and if the date
as passed then for cell C2 to turn red.

Can anyone help?

Hope this makes sense.

.

John[_22_]

Comparing Dates with todays date

Hi
Check this link, it will explain you how.
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html
HTH
John

housinglad wrote:
Hi

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I am trying to look at the date entered in a cell e.g. (in cell B2
05/02/2010). I want excel to look at the date in B2 and if the date
as passed then for cell C2 to turn red.

Can anyone help?

Hope this makes sense.

.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Comparing Dates with todays date

That's the next stage in the Conditional Formatting dialogue after inserting
the formula for the condition.

Have you looked at Excel help for Conditional Formatting?
--
David Biddulph