Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact admin

I am trying to save a file and I keep getting the error message "You don't
have permission to save in this location. Contact administrator to obtain
permission:.

I am the administrator, but am unable to save in the folder I want. It
suggest saving in documents, but I need to save it in a specific location in
order to import it into another spreadsheet program. Can you please help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You would be administrator only for your desktop PC, but it appears that you
are saving this document on network/server PC, wherein for that folder you
first need to check your permissions.

From explorer, right-click on that folder go to "properties" go to
"security" tab see if there is your name under "Group or usernames" click
your name if its there or click "everyone" now in below square called
"permissions for xxx" see what kind of permissions you are given.

Pritesh

"Dyana" wrote:

I am trying to save a file and I keep getting the error message "You don't
have permission to save in this location. Contact administrator to obtain
permission:.

I am the administrator, but am unable to save in the folder I want. It
suggest saving in documents, but I need to save it in a specific location in
order to import it into another spreadsheet program. Can you please help?

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyana View Post
I am trying to save a file and I keep getting the error message "You don't
have permission to save in this location. Contact administrator to obtain
permission:.

I am the administrator, but am unable to save in the folder I want. It
suggest saving in documents, but I need to save it in a specific location in
order to import it into another spreadsheet program. Can you please help?
get the persmissions from the server adminstrator to save the file in specfied location.

all the best
Thanks
Bala