Susan

Default shared and read-only

I have several excel ss on a server that are shared. When I open them from a
new computer with a pre-installed version of Office 2003, they will only open
as (read-only) (shared). The previous machine did not have this problem.
Another machine on the same network has no problem opening the file as shared
without the read-only restriction. I would appreciate any help possible on
this annoyance.

Dave Peterson

Just a wild guess...

Are you sure that the user for the new pc has write access to that share? Excel
will notice those permissions and respect them.

--

Dave Peterson