Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do i change category names in a drop down list in excel?

I have an expence templae for excel made by someone else.I need to know how
to change/create the category names from a drop down list.Any help
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A Data Validation dropdown?

Select the cell with the dropdown and DataValidation.

See what the source is for the list.

It could be a comma-delimited list or a range of cells or a defined name
like =MyList

Alter that source list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP