Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default please help me-urgent

Hi,

I have 2 work books. One is weekly schedule and other one is yearly vacation
schedule. I would like to link both books matching names and dates. Vacation
schedule is in monthly format and weekly schedule is in weekly format.

Eg: yearly vacation schdule
jan 1 Jan 2 Jan 3 and so on
ram siva
ganga

weekly schedule
jan 1 Jan 2 Jan 3
ram off 10-6 9-5
ganga off 9-5 11-7
siva 10-6 off 9-5

I need a formula in weekly schedule saying that if the date and name match
in yearly schdule says €œoff€ otherwise shift time.

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In your example, I would suggest you use an index and match formula. You
would combine this with an if(iserror()) calc. I assume your shift time comes
from another sheet, if this is the case do the index and match on this too.
Thus, if one condition, validate, else, get shift time.

"ganga" wrote:

Hi,

I have 2 work books. One is weekly schedule and other one is yearly vacation
schedule. I would like to link both books matching names and dates. Vacation
schedule is in monthly format and weekly schedule is in weekly format.

Eg: yearly vacation schdule
jan 1 Jan 2 Jan 3 and so on
ram siva
ganga

weekly schedule
jan 1 Jan 2 Jan 3
ram off 10-6 9-5
ganga off 9-5 11-7
siva 10-6 off 9-5

I need a formula in weekly schedule saying that if the date and name match
in yearly schdule says €œoff€ otherwise shift time.

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the match one first and then try the index with dummy data and then
incorporate your match in the index function. It will mean more if you do
it.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"ganga" wrote in message
I tried that too but that gives you for simple examples not for complicated
like this.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Perhaps you could try the HELP index and look for MATCH and then look for
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

.