Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Mapping Software

Hi,

I need to use a map of the UK and show UK branches red, amber or green for
each of several measures.

Most of the Data is in Excel, I'd rather keep everything Excel friendly.

Can anyone recommend a good map package which integrated well with Excel?

--
Rich
http://www.retailneeds.co.uk/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

MicroSoft appears to have migrated all of the mapping functions into
Microsoft MapPoint. They offer a free trial. . . you may want to take a look
to see if it interests you?

"Rich" wrote:

Hi,

I need to use a map of the UK and show UK branches red, amber or green for
each of several measures.

Most of the Data is in Excel, I'd rather keep everything Excel friendly.

Can anyone recommend a good map package which integrated well with Excel?

--
Rich
http://www.retailneeds.co.uk/

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Rich,

You could set the plot area of a chart to a picture with your own map, then
use a scatter chart with 3 series to plot each branch with a coloured
marker.

There are a couple of samples here
http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelCharts...2/Default.aspx
to get you going. Probably a bit more elaborate than you need, but have a
look at "Vary colour and Weight" on page 2 and
"Map Chart Europe"

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default re. Mapping Software

We are the vendors of the Maptitude <a href="http://www.caliper.com/"Mapping software</a product that should meet your needs and I would be happy to demo the product to you. See: www.maptitude.co.uk

Rich wrote:

Mapping Software
31-Jan-10

Hi,

I need to use a map of the UK and show UK branches red, amber or green for
each of several measures.

Most of the Data is in Excel, I'd rather keep everything Excel friendly.

Can anyone recommend a good map package which integrated well with Excel?

--
Rich
http://www.retailneeds.co.uk/

On Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:48 PM
Rich wrote:

Mapping Software
Hi,

I need to use a map of the UK and show UK branches red, amber or green for
each of several measures.

Most of the Data is in Excel, I'd rather keep everything Excel friendly.

Can anyone recommend a good map package which integrated well with Excel?

--
Rich
http://www.retailneeds.co.uk/

On Sunday, January 31, 2010 9:01 PM
Flintstone wrote:

MicroSoft appears to have migrated all of the mapping functions intoMicrosoft
MicroSoft appears to have migrated all of the mapping functions into
Microsoft MapPoint. They offer a free trial. . . you may want to take a look
to see if it interests you?

"Rich" wrote:

DataContractSerializer Basics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...alizer-ba.aspx

XML Mapping Carl Boone Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 September 10th 09 06:17 PM
mapping me Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 5th 08 10:47 PM
mapping omer Excel Worksheet Functions 1 January 3rd 07 12:40 PM
mapping add-ins colettey29 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 June 13th 06 06:51 PM
mapping add-ins colettey29 Charts and Charting in Excel 0 June 13th 06 05:56 PM