Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Month - Formula Help?

Hi all.. so I am pretty new with Excel 2007...so here's the scenario I need
help with.

I would like to either create a formula or macro that would analyze a column
that's filled with dates and to highlight the dates based on the month only.

Basically it's a colum full of birthdays..and I want to pull up my
spreadsheet and have the people's birthday highlighted by current month so
they can be recognized.

Thanks for the help and input!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

with Excel 2007

Try this...

Assume your dates are in the range B2:B20.

Select the *entire* range B2:B20 starting from cell B2. Cell B2 will be the
active cell. The active cell is the one cell in the selected range that is
not shaded. The formula will be relative to the active cell.

Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a
formula to determine which cells to format
Enter this formula in the box below:
=MONTH(B2)=MONTH(NOW())
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Onflight1978" wrote in message
Hi all.. so I am pretty new with Excel 2007...so here's the scenario I
need
help with.

I would like to either create a formula or macro that would analyze a
column
that's filled with dates and to highlight the dates based on the month
only.

Basically it's a colum full of birthdays..and I want to pull up my
spreadsheet and have the people's birthday highlighted by current month so
they can be recognized.

Thanks for the help and input!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Lets say you have your birthdays in Column A starting in A1. Select all the
dates and then

Home Tab - Conditional formatting - New rule -
double click 'Use a formula to determine which cells to format'
enter the formula
=month(A1)=Month(now())
Click 'Format' - Fill tab
select your colour OK

Now any birthday in the current month will be highlighted and it will update
as the month changes

--
Mike

question.