Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
aa aa is offline

Default switch off transforming number into date

"aa" wrote in message
How do I switch off that autocomplete or autoformat or whatever the name
of
that feature, which transform a decimal number like 12.42 into
marcian-looking date like Dec.42 ?
It does it at random in some cells

You might also look at "Transitional formula entry" in the customization
settings. mike
in my Options--Transitions-- the box Transition formula evaluation is not
ticked