Fulchp47

Default How do I break a hyperlink in an Excel document?

I have several hyperlinks to graphs within an Excel document, just on
seperate tabs. Now when trying to clear the contents and just type text into
that cell, it will not release the hyperlink. It only allows me to delete
the entire row or column, which I don't want to do because I would have to
re-create the entire document.
How can I simply break the hyperlink within the Excel sheet?

Ron_D

Select the cell, right click the cell and choose "Remove Hyperlink". If you
have a large range of cells with hyperlinks, on an empty cell type a 1 to
give that cell a value of 1. Ctrl+C (copy) the cell and then select the
range of hyperlinks. Choose "Paste Special..." from the Edit menu and choose
"Multiply" under the Operations section. What's left is just the contents of
the range of cells formerly containing the hyperlinks.

Good Luck,
Ron