Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003-Beginner

I'm using Excel 2003.

Sorry, I'm if not explaining this well. I'm trying to put information in a
column that comes from another worksheet in the same book but it depends on
what is entered in 2 other columns in the first worksheet. I'll try to give
complete info:

Let's say Column A asks you to pick 1 of 5 gems: Agate, Turquoise, Garnet,
Diamond, Pearl
Let's say Column B asks you to pick 1 of 6 Countries: US, Can, UK, China,
Japan, Germany

The other worksheet has a table with data (its a number in each cell)
representing all the possible permutations of those choices. However (and
this might present a problem) the row/column headers of this table are not
gems and countries. Its just a stand-alone table. Is that a problem?

So, on Column C, is there a formula to recognize which gem you picked in
Column A, which country you picked in Column B then go to the table and bring
in the
number from a table and put it into Column C. (Eg if I picked Agate and
China, I want Column C to say 1394).

Thanks!