Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Expand Abbreviations For State Names

I am looking for a macro that converts US Post Office abreviations for State
Names into plain English. If one is available please advise.
Thank you,
Questor
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Most people would use Vlookup for this. Create a table of the 50 states and
their "English" names. Then use a formula like:
=vlookup(a1,States!A:B,2,false)

Regards,
Fred

""Questor"" wrote in message
I am looking for a macro that converts US Post Office abreviations for
State
Names into plain English. If one is available please advise.
Thank you,
Questor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Works a treat. Thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fred, just to clarify why I provided what I did: he specifically asked for a
macro. Additionally, I wasn't sure just exactly HOW he wants to use it, and
that's the reason I came back with the Sub, which could be adapted to use
with a worksheet also.

I agree with you that a VLOOKUP() with a table is much simpler (and in this
case would be much faster).

Sometimes we just don't get quite enough info to give a "spot on" answer, do
we? At least with your input, and JPs, hopefuly Questor now has an option
available that will work for him/her.

.