Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Default Link and plain text in the same cell

Hello:

Question: am I able to create a cell that will ahve a link and plain text in
the same cell? Example

"Visit my site at www.me.com for todays special"

The only part I would like to link is the address.

Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel won't allow that without a bit of cheating.

Maybe you could place a rectangle from the Drawing toolbar over the characters
for the link. Remove the border and assign the hyperlink to that rectangle.

If you format the string nicely (blue and underlined???), it may work ok.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have just placed this:-

Visit my site at http://www.microsoft.com for todays special

- into cell M 21.

Clicking on the cell takes me to Microsoft's site so it looks as though the
answer to your question is yes.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.