Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VBA Show in red if Date another date

Hi,
Small Problem I think
Because the user can delete Rows in the worksheet I can not use the normal
Conditional formating.
I think the VBA is the solution

Col "A" have a date, example: 2009-01-25
The user will add a date in Col "P" to close the lead. Example: 2009-03-02
I need to highlight the date in Column "P" if it is 45 days over the date in
Col "A".

The only way I can see is using the VBA.
Like I said, I need to select the col ("A:A") and ("P:P") because the user
can sometimes delete some rows.
Can someone help me on this?
THanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mouimet -

I would record a macro while adding the conditional formatting to the
columns. Then you can add code to run that macro after the user updates any
of the date fields in column P (or column A if they are allowed to change
that one).

--
Daryl S

"Mouimet" wrote:

Hi,
Small Problem I think
Because the user can delete Rows in the worksheet I can not use the normal
Conditional formating.
I think the VBA is the solution

Col "A" have a date, example: 2009-01-25
The user will add a date in Col "P" to close the lead. Example: 2009-03-02
I need to highlight the date in Column "P" if it is 45 days over the date in
Col "A".

The only way I can see is using the VBA.
Like I said, I need to select the col ("A:A") and ("P:P") because the user
can sometimes delete some rows.
Can someone help me on this?
THanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are the start and close dates in the same row in A and P?

If so, what's the problem?

If the row is deleted, the formatted date in P is gone along with the start
date in A

Please use some cell references for your dates locations.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP