Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DA DA is offline

Default Delete amounts

Hi
Is there anyway I can delete amount from each row using a formula?
I have over 600 transactions from which I need to delete amount.
thank you

2ND ST BISTRO POMONA, CA $23.38
7-ELEVEN 33242 ROSEMEAD, CA $5.15
7-ELEVEN 33242 ROSEMEAD, CA $7.00
99-CENTS-ONLY #0107 UPLAND, CA $4.23
99-CENTS-ONLY #0107 UPLAND, CA $6.00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assume that you are having the below value in A1 cell

A1 Cell
2ND ST BISTRO POMONA, CA $23.38

Put this formula in B1 cell
=TRIM(LEFT(A1,SEARCH("$",A1)-1))

Change the cell reference to your desired cell, if required.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"da" wrote:

Hi
Is there anyway I can delete amount from each row using a formula?
I have over 600 transactions from which I need to delete amount.
thank you

2ND ST BISTRO POMONA, CA $23.38
7-ELEVEN 33242 ROSEMEAD, CA $5.15
7-ELEVEN 33242 ROSEMEAD, CA $7.00