Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default collate rows from several files into one new master file

Hi,
Can anyone please help.
I have several different, single sheet spreadsheets and I need a way to
collate these into one single Master spreadsheet, one row per sheet under the
next and i need this to be automated either via macro or VBA.

For Example:
The empty Master spreadsheet has headings only. Lets say HeadingA, HeadingB
through to HeadingZ for column Z.

Now I have 3 single sheet .xls's:
The first one has data in HeadingA, HeadingB and HeadingK
The second has data in HeadingA, HeadingK, M and Q
The third has data in A, M Q R and T
Effectively, each original .xls will need to become a row entry in the
Master.xls (one under the other)

I hope I've explained this fairly simply.
(In reality these small.xls' are Timesheets that employees complete. and
several thousand need to be processed every Friday into one Master.xls. Thats
why I need some automation).
I am familiar with Access VBA so I can adopt a simplistic answer (using the
above example) to my needs.
Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd start by reading Ron de Bruin's web page for combining workbooks/worksheets:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Look for the section named:
Copy/Paste/Merge examples

--