Laurence Lombard

Default Handling #REF returned from GETPIVOTDATA

A GETPIVOTDATA function returns #REF, but when I change that formula to
=ISREF(GETPIVOTDATA... I get FALSE. I would have expected TRUE. Why the
difference

This is part of the development of a formula to return a zero when
GETPIVOTDATA returns #REF.

Thanks
Laurence Lombard

Dave Peterson

Try
=if(iserror(getpivotdata(....

=isref()
will return true if you pass it an address:
=isref(a1)
(since A1 is an address)

I don't recall ever seeing this used on a worksheet. I bet that this may have
been useful in the older XLM style macros (just a guess).

--

Dave Peterson