Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can a Vlookup be used when creating a chart

1. Is it possible?
2. where would it be entered? the values line?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Probably

2. Not enough detail to provide even a guess.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:23:02 -0800, Confusicous
wrote:

1. Is it possible?
2. where would it be entered? the values line?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is my data:

2010 spreadsheet =
Entities = A18:A45
Numbers = N18:N45

2009 spreadsheet=
Entities A18:A41
Numbers = N18:N41

The reason I would like to have the Vlookup is because new data was entered
in 2010 but if I just enter the data my figures are off because of the new
entities in 2010. I am looking to have the entities on the X axis and the
numbers on the Y axis. My Vlookup would be based on the entities but I don't
know how to get that to translate into the chart...

wrote:

1. Is it possible?
2. where would it be entered? the values line?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't understand the problem.

Which worksheet are you charting and which range?

2010 or 2009

Which figures are off?

Gord