Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a form with different size lines

I know this has to be relatively easy but I am having the hardest time trying
to create a form for my boss with words and then lines next to them. Then
when I scroll down to the middle of the page I want to make new columns with
various headings and these columns have various widths. How do I fix this so
I can make the columns various sizes to fit the words that need to go in
them? HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can not set column widths different depending on the row you are on. So
for example if cell A1 has a width of 15 then A10 can not have a width of 20
becuase both cells are in the same column. When you set the width of a column
you are setting it for all of the cells in that column. Same with Row
heights. There is only one height for all cells in that row.

You can merge cells allowing one cell to span multiple rows or columns.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"PurseGirl24" wrote:

I know this has to be relatively easy but I am having the hardest time trying
to create a form for my boss with words and then lines next to them. Then
when I scroll down to the middle of the page I want to make new columns with
various headings and these columns have various widths. How do I fix this so
I can make the columns various sizes to fit the words that need to go in
them? HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not easy at all.

Row heights and column widths are properties of the entire row and column.

If for presentation only use merged cells as Jim suggests.

If you will need to copy, paste, sort, filter or otherwise manipulate your
data then merged cells will pose many problems.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP