Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default merge 2 files

Dear All,

need ur help again.
I have 2 file with different tables.
for File A, i have customer Id, name
for File B, i have customer Id, Address.
now i want to merge 2 file become one.
i want to insert address field automatically to file A and parameter
customer Id file A = customer Id file B.
can you teach me how to achieve that....

thanks

reza
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use function"VLOOKUP" to achieve.
In file A, input Address, then use formula
=vlookup(A2,fileB.xls!A:B,2,0), suppose your customer ID are in column A in
both file A and file B, Name and address are in column B.
Hope this can be of help.

"reza" wrote:

Dear All,

need ur help again.
I have 2 file with different tables.
for File A, i have customer Id, name
for File B, i have customer Id, Address.
now i want to merge 2 file become one.
i want to insert address field automatically to file A and parameter
customer Id file A = customer Id file B.
can you teach me how to achieve that....

thanks

reza

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merge Two Files

Hi Reza,

There is a new PC software that you can use as a supplement to Microsoft Excel and Access. For one thing, it combines multiple files. Visit www.genresoftware.com and look at the pages Importing Files and Programming Instruction Set.

Cheers,
Reno

reza wrote:

merge 2 files
25-Jan-10

Dear All,

need ur help again.
I have 2 file with different tables.
for File A, i have customer Id, name
for File B, i have customer Id, Address.
now i want to merge 2 file become one.
i want to insert address field automatically to file A and parameter
customer Id file A = customer Id file B.
can you teach me how to achieve that....

thanks

reza

C# .NET Windows Task Scheduler
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...task-sche.aspx