Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Slope using dates

Hi, I want to get the slope from Column C using a certain range of dates from
Column A. I did this already for getting the max value, but I do not how to
do it using Slope.

Example I did using Max:
=MAX(IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH($A$2:$A$500,M2:N2,0)),$c$2: $c$500))
M2=8/25/2009
N2=8/27/2009

"I need Slope"

ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC
8/24/2009 345 34
8/25/2009 345 465
8/25/2009 567 566
8/25/2009 456 465
8/26/2009 456 876
8/26/2009 244 243
8/26/2009 123 264
8/26/2009 876 436
8/27/2009 678 134
8/27/2009 484 134
8/27/2009 356 654
8/27/2009 456 456
8/27/2009 234 123
8/28/2009 567 453

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have several values in column C for 8/25/2009 and for 8/27/2009.
Do you want to take the average of these for each date, or the first,
or the last ???

Slope is the change in Y divided by the corresponding change in X, or
in your case:

(Cn - Cm) / (An - Am)

so if you can explain which values of C you want to take for those
dates then it's quite easy to plug them into this formula.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 25, 10:18*pm, beto wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Do you want to take the average of these for each date, or the first,
or the last ???"

Both options would help me a lot, taking the average for each date and then
do the slope.
Also taking the first and last.

Please if you can tell me how to do it I would appreciate it a lot.
Thanks!

--
asdf

.