Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PL PL is offline

Default Cell Reference & formula

Hi

Using Excel 2007.

In row 1, i have a row of different numbers: 1, 4, 5, 6, ...

In row 2, I want all of it to be the negative of row 1. -1, -4, -5,..

So I used cell reference for the 1st cell and copy & paste the formula for
the whole row. But here a strange thing happened, all the cell in row 2 show
the value of my 1st cell, although in the function bar they show correctly
the formula and cell reference of their respective cells.

I used this method many times and this is the 1st time this happened. How do
I correct this problem?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure calculation is set to automatic...

In Excel 2007:

Formulas tabCalculationCalculation OptionsAutomatic

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"PL" wrote in message
Hi

Using Excel 2007.

In row 1, i have a row of different numbers: 1, 4, 5, 6, ...

In row 2, I want all of it to be the negative of row 1. -1, -4, -5,..

So I used cell reference for the 1st cell and copy & paste the formula for
the whole row. But here a strange thing happened, all the cell in row 2
show
the value of my 1st cell, although in the function bar they show correctly
the formula and cell reference of their respective cells.

I used this method many times and this is the 1st time this happened. How
do
I correct this problem?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paste the below formula in any of the cell in A Column.

=VALUE("-"&A1)

OR

=A1-(A1+A1)

Now copy the cell in which you have pasted the above formula and paste it
for the remaining cells to the rightside.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"PL" wrote:

Hi

Using Excel 2007.

In row 1, i have a row of different numbers: 1, 4, 5, 6, ...

In row 2, I want all of it to be the negative of row 1. -1, -4, -5,..

So I used cell reference for the 1st cell and copy & paste the formula for
the whole row. But here a strange thing happened, all the cell in row 2 show
the value of my 1st cell, although in the function bar they show correctly
the formula and cell reference of their respective cells.

I used this method many times and this is the 1st time this happened. How do
I correct this problem?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this...

Assuming all the numbers in row 1 are positive numbers.

=-A1

Then copy across.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"PL" wrote:

Hi

Using Excel 2007.

In row 1, i have a row of different numbers: 1, 4, 5, 6, ...

In row 2, I want all of it to be the negative of row 1. -1, -4, -5,..

So I used cell reference for the 1st cell and copy & paste the formula
for
the whole row. But here a strange thing happened, all the cell in row 2
show
the value of my 1st cell, although in the function bar they show
correctly
the formula and cell reference of their respective cells.

I used this method many times and this is the 1st time this happened. How
do
I correct this problem?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Biff Sir! I learned one valuable information today!!!

(Ms-Exl-Learner)

.