Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Tools Customize

In XL97, Tools Customize Commands had a button you could click to
get a description of a command. I am now using XL 2003, and the
description button is missing. Is there a way to add it, or is it
available somewhere else? I found it very handy.

Thanks,

Tonso
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's gone.

Maybe you can create a test toolbar (and using a worksheet with test data), add
the button and click it to see what it does.

If you like it, move it to the toolbar that you like.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tonso wrote:

In XL97, *Tools Customize Commands had a button you could click to
get a description of a command. I am now using XL 2003, and the
description button is missing. Is there a way to add it, or is it
available somewhere else? I found it very handy.

Thanks,

Tonso

--

Dave Peterson

Dave,

I might not have made my question clear. The Tools Customize
Commands window had the description button as a part of the window,
just below the catagories list. It appears to be missing in 2003. I
cannot understand why it was removed from the window, or if it is
somewher else?.

Tonso

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As Dave said.......it is gone. MS decision.

All you get is a grayed-out Modify Selection and Rearrange Commands

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Tonso wrote:

In XL97, *Tools Customize Commands had a button you could click to
get a description of a command. I am now using XL 2003, and the
description button is missing. Is there a way to add it, or is it
available somewhere else? I found it very handy.

Thanks,

Tonso

--

Dave Peterson

Dave,

I might not have made my question clear. The Tools Customize
Commands window had the description button as a part of the window,
just below the catagories list. It appears to be missing in 2003. I
cannot understand why it was removed from the window, or if it is
somewher else?.

Tonso

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tonso wrote:

In XL97, *Tools Customize Commands had a button you could click to
get a description of a command. I am now using XL 2003, and the
description button is missing. Is there a way to add it, or is it
available somewhere else? I found it very handy.

Thanks,

Tonso

--

Dave Peterson

Dave,

I might not have made my question clear. The Tools Customize
Commands window had the description button as a part of the window,
just below the catagories list. It appears to be missing in 2003. *I
cannot understand why it was removed from the window, or if it is
somewher else?.

Tonso- Hide quoted text -

Sorry Dave, I when I read your reply, i missed the "It's Gone". Thanks
for your reply, and you also Gord. You guys (and others also of
course) are great and are a fantastic resource!!

Thanks again,

Tonso