Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What formula should I use?

I have a mailing list that I receive monthly. I have to mail one of ten
letters to each zip code on the list. I have another list that shows which
letter goes with each zip code. Currently I have to manually go thru the list
line by line, compare the zip codes on the two lists, and type in the letter
that should be sent.

Is there a formula I can use to automatically populate the 'letter' field
for me so I don't have to manually compare the two lists each month?