Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Capturing dynamic ranges

Hi all

I've worked with dynamic ranges quite a bit and am generally fine with
them but now I have a slightly sticky scenario and my formulas are
getting a little long. I'm thinking there'll be a simpler solution
than mine. Here's the problem.

I have a dynamic range in a single column, let's call it AllData, and
is structured like this:

ALLDATA_START
NORTH
Apples
Pears
Oranges
TOTAL NORTH
SOUTH
Apples
Pears
Oranges
TOTAL SOUTH
EAST
Apples
Pears
Oranges
TOTAL EAST
WEST
Apples
Pears
Oranges
TOTAL WEST
ALLDATA_END

Given that AllData is defined, I'd like to create named ranges for
North, South, East and West. Again, these ranges need to be dynamic,
and my thinking is that each is an offset of AllData, based on the
position of the first and last lines of each of N, S, E & W.

Any suggestions appreciated. TIA.

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia