Rudy

Default hOW TO SAVE ADDRESSES

When I am addressing envelopes, how do I save the address for future use?
I have Windows XP, AOL. 9.0
Your help please.
Gord Dibben

Rudy

Assuming you are using Excel since this is an Excel news group.....

For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels.

http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC010390291033

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 9 May 2005 14:35:01 -0700, "Rudy"
wrote:

When I am addressing envelopes, how do I save the address for future use?
I have Windows XP, AOL. 9.0
Your help please.

David McRitchie

Hi Rudy,
I don't really know what you are asking, but if your addresses
are in your AOL address book you should be able to export
them as .CSV (comma separated values) or as a spreadsheet
Once in a worksheet in Excel you can filter or delete those you
don't want and then proceed with Mail Merge as indicated by Gord.

To save yourself a lot of problems make sure that zip codes
are formatted as text and not numbers.

I really sounds from your posting that you want to capture what
you are doing into Excel, I doubt that you can do that. You want
to create your labels using an Excel spreadsheet as the input
and Microsoft Word to print the labels.

If you have your data in another format you can rework it so that
each name and address is on a line across a row.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

---
HTH,

wrote:

When I am addressing envelopes, how do I save the address for future use?
I have Windows XP, AOL. 9.0
Your help please.

Rudy

wrote:

When I am addressing envelopes, how do I save the address for future use?
I have Windows XP, AOL. 9.0
Your help please.

I am using Microsoft Office and when I type the address on the envelope I would like to save it for another time. I need a very simple answer as I am not a computer expert. Thank you.

David McRitchie

Hi Rudy,
I am seeing a lot of replies that just repeat the last reply. . Are you
closing this message in CDO that Gord's answer was what you were
looking for-- because if you are, there is no text to that effect that
is actually being posted to the newsgroup. Very few of us are on CDO
(Microsoft Communities) most of us are just using newsgroups meaning
all we see (or all we should see) are plain text and none of the bells and whistles
with advertising and icons or whatever CDO might include.
---
HTH,

"Rudy" wrote