Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default For Mike H.'s reply about my msg Jan 20, 'sumif but also filtering

I apologize in advance from everybody if my this mail is aginst general rules
of the forum.
I' m new in the forum (~1-2 months old), so I do not know much about the
rules.
He wrote a formula for me
My question was "sumif but there may be also filterings"

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C10="$");SUBTOTAL(9;OFFSET(B1:B10;ROW(B1:B10)-MIN(ROW(B1:B10));0;1)))
His formula is working wonderfully.
I am a medium level excel user in general level office environments.
for i = 1 to 20
I looked at the formula,
worked on it to understand how it works
splitted the formula into pieces
etc
next i
I could not solve that offset part, why, how ?
I will make i=50:), and go on trying to understand it.
Then I recognized that I can see the profiles of people and looked Mike' s
profile
and then understood everything.
He is a 40 years worked, retired chemical engineer.
I' m sure
he is 'inititaing a chemical reaction in excel' with this formula : )
and therefore I can not see, understand how the formula is working.
Thanks and best regards,
Cousin Excel