Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Paste Spl Optn Bttn Req For Pasting the Formlas with Original cell

I hope that it will be very helpful if Microsoft add an option button in
Paste Special Dialog box for pasting the formulas in any of the cell with the
original cell reference.

Now we are following two methods for copying the formula by preserving the
original cell reference.

First Method:-
Cell & Column references in formulas are needs to be protected with $
(dollar) symbol.

Second Method:-
Placing the cursor in the cell in which we want to copy the actual formula
and by pressing F2 we are copying the formula with the original cell
reference.

Assume that I am having the formula data like the below:-

Row No B Col
Row1 =SUM(G2:G5)
Row2 =SUM(F2:F5)
Row3 =AVERAGE(H2:H5)

It is a small example I have given above. Now I want to copy the B1,B2 & B3
formulas in D18,D19 & D20 and the cell reference should be the same like the
above.

Row No D Col
Row18 =SUM(G2:G5)
Row19 =SUM(F2:F5)
Row20 =AVERAGE(H2:H5)

For doing this I have to follow the first method or the second method which
is stated above or in another way we can say that we can do cut and paste but
if I want to show it in both places then I should have go with the above two
methods.

Now what I am thinking is like pasting the formats, values, formulas,
comments, validation, All except borders, Column widths, Formulas & Number
formats, Values and Number formats like that I would like to see an another
PASTE SPECIAL Option Button that is €śFORMULAS WITH ORIGINAL CELL REFERENCE€ť.

While selecting that option in Paste special and giving ok then the cell
references of the formula should not be changed and it should locate to the
actual cell references only.

Hope this will be helpful to all of the excel users if it get implemented.

(Ms-Exl-Learner)

click "I Agree" in the message pane.