Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Selecting more cells than I want

Ive got a strange one. Im working in my spreadsheet, then suddenly when I
click on a cell, it captures the six or seven cells below it, in addition to
the cellI want. For instance, if I click on A1, I capture A1-A6 or A1-A7. I
cant figure out what Ive done to cause this to happen; apparently Ive
turned something on. If I close and reopen the spreadsheet, it still
happens. If I go to a new spreadsheet it doesnt happen, which is why I
think Ive activated something in my original spreadsheet €“ but what?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try hitting the F8 key...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"ClaireView" wrote:

Ive got a strange one. Im working in my spreadsheet, then suddenly when I
click on a cell, it captures the six or seven cells below it, in addition to
the cellI want. For instance, if I click on A1, I capture A1-A6 or A1-A7. I
cant figure out what Ive done to cause this to happen; apparently Ive
turned something on. If I close and reopen the spreadsheet, it still
happens. If I go to a new spreadsheet it doesnt happen, which is why I
think Ive activated something in my original spreadsheet €“ but what?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

F8 if you're using Excel 2003.
An Excel bug if you're using Excel 2007, so change the zoom level & try
again.
--
David Biddulph

"ClaireView" wrote in message
I've got a strange one. I'm working in my spreadsheet, then suddenly when
click on a cell, it captures the six or seven cells below it, in addition
the cellI want. For instance, if I click on A1, I capture A1-A6 or A1-A7.
can't figure out what I've done to cause this to happen; apparently I've
turned something on. If I close and reopen the spreadsheet, it still
happens. If I go to a new spreadsheet it doesn't happen, which is why I
think I've activated something in my original spreadsheet - but what?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If tapping F8 doesn't cure the problem then read on.

I've seen this posted a few times now with the suggestion there is a bug in
E2007
Changing the zoom level up or down and then back to the original setting is
reported as being a temporary fix.
--
Mike

question.