Old January 19th 10, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert Date to MMYY format

I would like to change the underlying date format from e.g. 01-May-09 to
May-09. I can change the format so that the displayed date is in correct
format but the underlying date is still in DD/MM/YYYY format. The purpose is
to do pivot charts to show how many defects per month over the last five
years.
--
Doug M

Old January 19th 10, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rather than reformat the cell to Custom mmm-yy

use something like:

=TEXT(A1,"mmm-yy")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909