Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I format a cell on a specific date?

I have a spreadsheet that has the following:
Column 1 = Person's name
Column 2 = Amount due

I need cells to change colour if the amount due is not paid by the 20th of
the month. I have managed to figure out the date bit but unsure of what to
put for the value as the amount due for each person is different.

I hope this makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you must have other columns apart from the 2 you refer to. For
example, do you have an Amount Paid column, and a Date Paid column? If
you don't, then how will Excel know if the debt has been paid or not?

Please describe what you have more fully.

Pete

On Jan 18, 12:46*pm, Nooshoos
wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that has the following:
Column 1 = Person's name
Column 2 = Amount due

I need cells to change colour if the amount due is not paid by the 20th of
the month. *I have managed to figure out the date bit but unsure of what to
put for the value as the amount due for each person is different.

I hope this makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MAK MAK is offline

Format a cell as DATE somewhere on the top of the sheet and enter 20th of
that month.

Then select the amount in the first row and click Conditional Formatting.
Select 'Formula Is' and enter 'Date Cell Reference' < today()
Then Click Pattern and the colour of your choice whether to change the Font
or the Cell.

Then copy the cell and select all the remaining amounts and Paste Special,
Formats

Though the above will work as you want, It won't make sense until you have a
'Date Paid' column.

"Nooshoos" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has the following:
Column 1 = Person's name
Column 2 = Amount due

I need cells to change colour if the amount due is not paid by the 20th of
the month. I have managed to figure out the date bit but unsure of what to
put for the value as the amount due for each person is different.

I hope this makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, thanks for the feedback, but I was asking you to supply more
details ...

Pete