mr_bsh

Default Number Field to Text or Words

I would like to take a number field in one cell and in another cell have the
it in words. For example in cell A1 = 1550 while in cell A2 it says ONE
THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY

Is there any way to do this???? Plz Help. Thanks in advance.
Paul B

mr_bsh, have a look here

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"mr_bsh" wrote in message
I would like to take a number field in one cell and in another cell have
the
it in words. For example in cell A1 = 1550 while in cell A2 it says ONE
THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY

Is there any way to do this???? Plz Help. Thanks in advance.

Gord Dibben

No built-in Function, but you can build your own User Defined Function using
the info at:

OR download Laurent Longre's MOREFUNC.XLL from he

http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html

With either these two Functions the setup would be....enter the number(456) in
A1. In B1 enter =FunctionName(A1)

The KB article names their Function SpellNumber

Laurent's is NUMTEXT

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 9 May 2005 11:13:18 -0700, mr_bsh
wrote:

I would like to take a number field in one cell and in another cell have the
it in words. For example in cell A1 = 1550 while in cell A2 it says ONE
THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY

Is there any way to do this???? Plz Help. Thanks in advance.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 09 May 2005 11:57:57 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

Laurent's is NUMTEXT

NBTEXT in the english version of his current release, I think.

--ron
Andy Wiggins

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...s/num2wrds.zip

It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
It contains two methods to convert numbers to words and two cheque writing
routines.

The code is open and commented.

--
Regards
-

"mr_bsh" wrote in message
I would like to take a number field in one cell and in another cell have

the
it in words. For example in cell A1 = 1550 while in cell A2 it says ONE
THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY

Is there any way to do this???? Plz Help. Thanks in advance.

Gord Dibben

Correct Ron.

Must update my posting archives.

Way behind on Laurent's MOREFUNC version.

Gord