Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate a moving average

I want to calculate moving averages on a large spreadsheet by adding a column
(BB) and deleting another (O), daily.
When I add new data by inserting a new column (BC) and deleting the old one
(O) my newest5 information is then in Column BB, but the formula for
averaging - originally written as =AVERAGE(O7:BB7) changes to
=AVERAGE(O7:BA7), and ignores the new column of data.
Manually changing the formula each time is a pain.
Every suggestion is welcome. My fingers are getting sore.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=AVERAGE(INDIRECT("O7:BB7"))

Immune to columns add/delete.
--