Eglantine

Default Excel/Word merging format pb

I am trying to merge an excel spreadsheet w/financial information into a
letter. When I complete the merge, the numbers show with no $ sign, nor
comma separator. I have tried setting them up as text in the excel spdsheet,
but that does not work either.
Thanks for any suggestions -- this is driving me bonkers!!!!

Dave Peterson

If you use a helper cell (in excel) with a formula like:

=text(a1,"$0.00")

Then import that, does it work?

Debra Dalgleish has posted this:

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
has instructions he

http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/...ngWord2002.htm

about half way down the page.

--