Roseanne

Default Merged Cell Height

All these posts have been extremely helpful in trying to understand why my
merged cell height doesn't work. I've used Jim Reich's macro to increase the
height of my cells, but, unfortunately am still having problems getting it to
work in some cells (but not others). I've searched posts trying to find an
answer but haven't been able to find it in any other thread.

Here it is: my input document contains many comment boxes which vary in
(merged) size from 5 to 12 columns (this was done more for aesthetics than
anything else). When I run the macro, I get a Runtime 1004 error (Unable to
set the ColumnWidth property of the Range Class) OR (Unable to set the
MergeCell property of the Range Class) . If I click on debug, the
highlighted line shows on .Cells(1).ColumnWidth = AcitiveCellWidth (in the
first case) and on .MergeCells = False (in the second case). When I get back
to my spreadsheet, the first column has expanded to fit all the text (it
appears to be ignoring the merge feature). I do have "merge cells" and "wrap
text" clicked in each of these boxes.

I'll be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about macros, but I
can usually figure out my problem, but this has me completely stumped. Any
and all help will be greatly appreciated!
Jim Rech

If you want to send me the workbook, or at least a range from it that
exhibits the problem, and tell me a cell to select and run the macro on, I'd
be happy to see if I can figure out why it doesn't work.

--
Jim
"Roseanne" wrote in message
| All these posts have been extremely helpful in trying to understand why my
| merged cell height doesn't work. I've used Jim Reich's macro to increase
the
| height of my cells, but, unfortunately am still having problems getting it
| work in some cells (but not others). I've searched posts trying to find an
| answer but haven't been able to find it in any other thread.
|
| Here it is: my input document contains many comment boxes which vary in
| (merged) size from 5 to 12 columns (this was done more for aesthetics than
| anything else). When I run the macro, I get a Runtime 1004 error (Unable
| set the ColumnWidth property of the Range Class) OR (Unable to set the
| MergeCell property of the Range Class) . If I click on debug, the
| highlighted line shows on .Cells(1).ColumnWidth = AcitiveCellWidth (in the
| first case) and on .MergeCells = False (in the second case). When I get
back
| to my spreadsheet, the first column has expanded to fit all the text (it
| appears to be ignoring the merge feature). I do have "merge cells" and
"wrap
| text" clicked in each of these boxes.
|
| I'll be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about macros, but I
| can usually figure out my problem, but this has me completely stumped.
Any
| and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Jim Rech

It looks like the underlying problem is a "cannot shift objects off sheet"
error due to cell comments and hidden columns. I don't think the macro can
do anything about this. I suggested that deleting the comment or changing
its positioning property to "move and size with cells" would allow the macro
to run.

--
Jim