Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Bob is offline

Default =COUNTIF formula

I have a cloumn of dates and want to enter a formula that will tell how dates
are older than today. I tried =COUNTIF(F11:F369, "<TODAY()") with no sucess.
The best I could get was using the formula and instead of TODAY() I used
1/15/2010.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You were pretty close. You have to concatenate the arguement with the value.

=COUNTIF(F11:F369, "<"&TODAY())
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Bob" wrote:

I have a cloumn of dates and want to enter a formula that will tell how dates
are older than today. I tried =COUNTIF(F11:F369, "<TODAY()") with no sucess.
The best I could get was using the formula and instead of TODAY() I used
1/15/2010.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take Today out of the quotes like this to make today back into a function
insted of text...

=COUNTIF(F11:F369, "<" & TODAY())
--
HTH...