Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default AVERAGE cells on another worksheet when the range is calculated

I am trying to average a range of cells on the main worksheet of my workbook,
but the cells to be averaged are on another worksheet in my workbook where
the range of cells to be averaged is calculated from an input cell on the
main worksheet
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Huh?? That is a very confusing paragraph.

I think you want something like this:
=AVERAGE(OFFSET('Some sheet'!A1,0,0,5,0))

Where 5 is telling the formula to average cells A1:A5. By placing different
variables within the OFFSET function you can control which cells you want to
average.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M